Log In or
Enter your e-mail address to receive our newsletter
Your basket is empty.
Chilesotti-Da Un Codice
Matvei Pavlov-Azancheev’s Second Sonata, which is presented in this edition, was completed in the Gulag in 1949 and probably intended as a sort of a “musical supplement” to petitions for clemency. The musical matter of this sonata are several tunes well known during the WWII era in the Soviet Union, including the famous Shiroka strana moia rodnaia: (Wide is my Native Country, music by I. Dunaevsky, lyrics by V. Lebedev-Kumach) which served as the call sign of Radio Moscow. Some…
Andrei Petrov has been a leading figure in Leningrad musical scene since his graduation in 1954 from the Leningrad Conservatory, where he had studied composition under Orest Evlakhov. He was still a young composer when he was elected First Secretary of the Leningrad Chapter of the Soviet Composers Union in 1964. In 1992 he became the president of the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Society. Following early success as a song writer, he has explored jazz, ballet, opera, and film scores as well as symp…
The present work was published by the important Moscow publisher P. Jurgenson in 1898. Album for guitarists on the 6- or 9-string guitar, composed by M. Polupayenko]. The work itself is titled: Ballads and merriments of the Zaporozhets, A Fantasia. The Zaporozhets referred to in the title is a Cossack soldier from the town of Zaporozhye in the Ukraine, a place that still today honors the military traditions of the Cossacks. As such, this music, light-hearted and aiming at a facile display of …
Alexander Radvilovich is a prolific composer, as well as an indefatigable activist in the promotion of new music by young composers. He has written, among other works, two symphonies, works for choral ensembles, piano sonatas, a chamber concerto for harpsichord and string orchestra, a concerto for English horn and string orchestra, an Aria for trumpet and organ, and several song cycles.
The composer describes the matter of this music as follows:
. . . In the life of any person there comes the Time of the Miraculous. Particularly when one is in a bad mood. And then, suddenly, the old cuckoo clock becomes animated, the Clay cowboy enters into worldly discussions with the Gloomy stork, the flowers on the window sill begin to jangle under the palpations of sunbeams, and one begins to resemble a mechanical toy, wound by someone else . . .…
5.0 average, based on 1 reviews
Table of Contents:
* Dance Song, (Akh vy, seni moi, seni).
* Since Yesterday’s Midnight, (Oi, so vechora s polunochi).
* To the Road I Go Alone, (Vykhozhu odin ia na dorogu).
* Grass On The Meadow, (Kak po luzhku travka).
* The Wanderer’s Song, (Po dikim stepiam zabaikalia).
* The Old Lime-Tree, (Lipa vekovaia).
* Along The Paved Street, (Po ulitse mostovoi).
* I will Sow Goosefoot, (Poseiu lebedu).
* Play My Bagpipe, (Zaigrai, moia volynka).
* The Snowball Tree, (Oi, da t…
Table of Contents:
1. Alexsander Ivanov-Kramskoi: Melancholy Valse.
2. Igor Boldyrev: Long Drawn-Out Song (Protiazhnaia).
3. Two Musical Moments.
7. Sofia Gubaidulina: Serenade.
8. Igor Boldyrev: Old Romance.
9. Piotr Panin: Exotic Picture.
10. Nikita Koshkin: The Elves, Suite for guitar Op. 26.
11. Usher Waltz Op. 29.
12. Anatolii Shevchenko: Wind from the Mountain Meadow—Carpathian Rhapsody.
13. Vladimir Slavsky: …
This volume of the Russian Collection is intended to serve as a general introduction, a sampler if you will, to Russian seven-string guitar music, including Etudes, Caprices and other didactic material. One does not need to abandon the standard guitar when embarking on getting acquainted with the rich repertoire of classical Russian guitar music. It usually does not take long to get used to playing in this tuning and to read the music without the aid of tablature. However, to facilitate reading …
As the previous volume of the Russian Collection, this volume is also intended to serve as a general introduction to Russian seven-string guitar music. The music contained in these pages is mainly devoted to concert repertoire, i.e, transcriptions, themes and variations, fantasias and other pieces that were not primarily intended by their composers to serve as didactic material. One does not need to abandon the standard guitar when embarking on getting acquainted with the rich reper…
Table of Contents:
1. Antoine de l’Hoyer/Andrei Sychra: Variations du Concertante de Loyer.
2. Andrei Sychra: Variazioni sulla canzone: Nella valle piana (Sredi Doliny Rovnia).
3. Vasilii Svarog/Arsenii Popov: Ah, oggi il tempo è brutto (Akh, Sevodnia dien nienastny).
4. Dargomyzhsky/Isakov: Febbre (Likhoradushka).
5. Vasilii Sarenko: Fantaisie sur la Romance Favourite Bivalo, Bivalo (c’era, c’era) du Comte M. Wielhorsky.
eCommerce Software by CubeCart